Accountant Rhonda Praiswater 785.251.4159
The Accounting Division is responible for a large number of monthly transactions. Consider the following:
- Invoices from all 24 Shawnee County Departments are received and paid by three staff members in the County Clerk’s office.
- There are approximately 10,000 vendors on the Shawnee County system! We pay about half of these every month.
- We provide sales tax exemption certificates to vendors.
- One staff person maintains the fixed asset list for the entire County.
Any purchases over $1,500 have to be on the County's fixed asset list. That person also removes surplus / destroyed items from the fixed asset list.
- A yearly report is provided to the State Treasurer regarding outstanding indebtedness for school districts, cities, townships, fire districts, drainage districts and Shawnee County.
- We prepare financial statements for General Obligation bonds and temporary note financing.
- We compute General Obligation bond figures for street and sewer improvement projects, which determines the special assessments.
- We wire all payroll deductions/withholdings to the appropriate entities.
- We compute and balance the figures for 1099's.
- We complete W-9 forms.