II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider acceptance of easement and authorization to pay the property owners the agreed settlement amount of $2,870.00 for the SW 37th Street Bridge over Tributary to Shunga Creek project—Public Works/Solid Waste.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE—Curt Niehaus
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C397-2018 with FreeState Electric Co-op, Inc for relocation of a pole located within a private easement which will conflict with the culvert replacement on NW Bailey Road over Snake Creek with a cost of $4,170.34 from the Special Bridge Fund.
C. APPRAISER—Steve Bauman
1. Consider approval of a request for out-of-state travel for an employee to attend the Cartegraph National Conference to be held April 29-May 3, 2019 at a cost not to exceed $2,500.00 with funding of $995 paid from 2018 funds and the remaining from 2019 funds.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C398-2018 with ESRI for the purchase of an ArcGIS Network Analyst license as an extension to the current GIS software allowing testing and to improve routing and response time used for 911 and other in-house applications to include routing scenarios and event route planning at a cost of $2,250.00 from the Land Records Fund.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C399-2018 with ESRI for the purchase of an additional 46 ArcGIS Online level 1 and 2 licenses for operation of mapping, GIS, and Cartegraph programs at a cost of $5,000.00 from the Land Records Fund.
D. CORRECTIONS—Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request for out-of-state travel for two employees to attend the American Correctional Association winter conference January 12-15, 2019 with the conference cost, flight and lodging for one employee being funded by the ACA accreditation agreement and the remaining costs of $1,225.00 funded from 2019 budgeted training funds.
2. Consider approval of request for out-of-state travel for two employees from the Juvenile Detention Center to attend the 16th International Conference of Positive Behavior Support February 20-23, 2019, at a cost of $3,000.00 from the Department of Corrections 2019 budget.
E. EXPOCENTRE—Kellen Seitz
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C400-2018, amendment to the Contract with Spectra to modify the Revenue Benchmark to $1,560,000.00 for operating years of 2018 and 2019 due to projected revenues in the RFP and Financial Proforma building process no longer being received.
F. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C401-2018, amendment of Contract C318-2016 with Leroy Russell and the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Foundation for continued maintenance for two years at Grant-Bradbury Park and continued haying of a portion of the Park.
G. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES—Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of recommendation to award the bid for fuel purchases for various County agencies to Capital City Oil, Inc., and authorization for the County Counselor’s office to negotiate a contract.
2. Consider approval of appropriation of transient guest tax to the Kansas Expocentre in an approximate amount of $55,000.00.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
RIBBON CUTTING FOR THE RENOVATED SNACK BAR
immediately following commission meeting