1. Public Health Recognition – Linda Ochs, Health Dept.
II. Unfinished Business
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-67 authorizing a Conditional Use Permit to establish a Bed and Breakfast Inn on property located at 3521 SE Paulen Road in Tecumseh Township—Commissioner Cook.
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $3,595.75—District Attorney.
2. Consider approval of granting a Permanent Public Improvement Easement proposed by the City of Topeka for sewer line improvements in Oakland Billard Park with $1.00 in compensation to Shawnee County—Parks + Recreation.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contracts C402-2018 and C403-2018 with Security 1st Title and Lawyers Title, for continued rental of office space and County equipment located in the Register of Deeds Office with reimbursement from both companies of $800.00 each—Register of Deeds.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the schedule for 2019 Ambulance Advisory Board meetings and minutes of the July 25 and September 26, 2018 meetings—Emergency Management.
5. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2018V000881—Wells Fargo Bank NA vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al—County Clerk.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider approval of request to create and fill a Community Health Planner position in the Administrative Division at a salary, including benefits of $68,652.99 and permission to fill any positions that become vacant as a result of filling this one.
C. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C404-2018 with SHI International for the purchase of two Nutanix Hyperconverged Infrastructure computing platform and ancillary software licenses and hardware at a cost not to exceed $312,935.40 with funding from the Information Technology 2018 budget.
D. PARKS + RECREATION—John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids and/or proposals for the purchase of supplies and equipment for the operation of Parks + Recreation programs and facilities in 2019.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C405-2018 with Challenger Sports Corporation to host camps for 2019 with expenses under $500.00 and projected revenue estimates at approximately $1,200.00 with funding from the Outdoor Adventure-Sports operations budget.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C406-2018 with Midwest Sports Productions for hosting youth baseball and fastpitch tournaments at the Bettis Family Sports Complex, Lake Shawnee Girls Softball complex and additional County owned facilities starting in 2019 with expenses of approximately $97,000.00 from the Outdoor Adventure—Sports operations budget and revenues at approximately $266,500.00 based on the past two years.
E. CORRECTIONS—Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for inmate clothing and supplies needed through the 2019 calendar year.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C407-2018 with PCI Mechanical Services for preventive maintenance for the heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment for the period of November 2018 through October 2019 in an amount of $8,982.00 paid from the detention budget.
F. SHERIFF’S OFFICE—Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones indicating his Office will be purchasing 15 Stalker DSR 2X radar units and connector cables at a cost of $47,445.00 with funding from the 2018 budget.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding entering into a contract (Contract C408-2018) with Dr. Bryan Stancliffe and the Animal Clinic of North Topeka to provide quarantine services, euthanasia when necessary, and decapitation services for rabid animals, for two years, with costs as outlined in the contract and funding from the Sheriffs budget.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding renewal of an annual contract (Contract C409-2018) with Offender Watch for a period of January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019 at a cost of $525.00 with funding from the Offender Registration account.
4. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding renewal of a software maintenance agreement (Contract C410-2018) with Tyler Technologies for the equipment/vehicle tracking module for the period December 1, 2018 to November 30, 2019 at a cost of $6,930.00 with funding from the 2018 budget.
5. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding the purchase of a 2019 Can Am 4 seat UTV with accessories package, installation of accessories and title and state fees for $23,277.29 with funding from the 2018 budget.
G. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Consider capital outlay requests for 2019.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions