1. Elect Chair of the Shawnee County Commission
2. Elect Vice-Chair of the Shawnee County Commission
3. Consider appointments of Commissioners to the following:
(a) Kansas Expocentre Advisory Board
(b) Ambulance Advisory Board
(c) Health Access Board
(d) Metropolitan Topeka Planning Organization (MTPO)
(e) Go Topeka Board
(f) Chamber Board
(g) Stormont-Vail Advisory Board
(h) Shawnee County Security Council
(i) State of Kansas Labor Workforce Development Committee
(j) Greater Topeka Leadership Chairs Council
(k) Intergovernmental Council
(l) Momentum 2022
4. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2019-4 setting the days and hours the Courthouse will be open, setting dates and time of Commission meetings and setting agenda procedures—Commissioner Cook.
5. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2019-5 designating the official County newspaper—Commissioner Cook.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt and consider acceptance of the Treasurer’s Idle Funds Investment Quarterly Report as of December 31, 2019—County Treasurer.
2. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion fund account in a total amount of $4,184.49—District Attorney.
3. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2018CV000918—Wells Fargo Bank NA vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Consider acceptance of the Administrative Review Committee’s Report dated January 8, 2019 regarding a tax exemption for Reser’s Fine Foods, Inc. and schedule a public hearing on Thursday, February 7, 2019 to consider the tax exemption.
C. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider approval of request to purchase refurbished Cisco switches as they become available over the next ten months from World Data Products to upgrade the network at a cost not to exceed $75,000.00 with funding from Capital Outlay.
2. Consider approval of request for two employees to attend the Nutanix NEXT Conference May 7th to 9th to provide staff with information on new ways to reduce costs and complexities in the enterprise datacenter and to deepen their knowledge of enterprise cloud solutions.
D. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C46-2019 with Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc. to designate individuals authorized to execute fleet leasing agreements on behalf of Shawnee County.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C47-2019 with AmeriFence Corporation for the construction of trash and recycling enclosures at nine community centers at a cost of $88,831.65 with funding from the Capital Maintenance (3R) Fund with any cold weather applications ($3,350.00) funded by the Parks + Recreation operating budget.
3. Consider approval of a request to reimburse Staci Wunder, Recreation Leader, $656.00 for tuition costs at Fort Hays State University.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C48-2019 with the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) to allow Parks + Recreation to publicly play musical compositions by artists that are members of the society at a cost of $1,854.00 with funding from the department’s operating budget.
E. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider approval of request to proceed with the replacement of the HVAC systems at the North Annex in an amount of $753,705.00 (guaranteed maximum price) with funding from the 2019 Capital Outlay.
F. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Curt Niehaus
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C49-2019 between Shawnee County, the US Army Corps of Engineers, and the Kansas State Historic Preservation Officer agreeing on stipulation requirements for the replacement of the SE 29th Street Bridge over Deer Creek.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C50-2019, amendment No. 1 to Contract C308-2018, with Professional Engineering Consultants, P.A. for construction administration at a cost of $12,000.00 and resident observation at $51,500.00 with funding from the Sherwood Regional Wastewater Sewer District Pumping Station No. 60.
G. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding renewal of a contract with Leads Online (Contract C51-2019) for the period of March 15, 2019 through March 14, 2021 at a cost of $13,381.20 with funding from the State Forfeiture Account.
1. Consider cancellation of the March 14th Commission Meeting.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions