1. Presentation by the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism of an ArrivaLIST Award to Shawnee County Parks + Recreation recognizing Lake Shawnee as a Most Visited location.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices in a total amount of $1,501.74 from the Diversion Fund account—District Attorney.
2. Acknowledge receipt of a Public Notice for the Ambulance Advisory Board meetings and minutes of the November 28th special meeting.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C74-2019 with Qoppa Software, LLC for software support for the scanning application for one year at a cost of $490.00 with funding from the Court’s 2019 budget—District Court.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider approval of renewal of tax exemption for Mars Wrigley Confectionary US, LLC (formerly Mars Chocolate North America, LLC) for year 2.
B. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C75-2019, a change order with Mike Mosher Construction providing $3,050.00 for unforeseen additional repairs to the Ward-Meade Mansion porch with funding from the Capital Maintenance (3R) Fund.
C. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to fund the Drug and Alcohol program in an amount of $76,460 with funding from the Inmate Wellness Account.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C76-2019 with Washburn University to participate in the Kansas Career Work Study Program to employee intermittently a student from Washburn who is eligible to participate and is working in the facility with the Re-Entry initiatives at a cost of $12.00 an hour with reimbursement from Washburn of 50 percent of the hourly rate of pay.
D. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Curt Niehaus
1. Consider approval of request to advertise and fill a Fleet Supervisor position in the Solid Waste Department at a salary, including benefits, of $79,917.04 with funding from the Solid Waste budget.
E. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider approval of request for out-of-state travel for one employee to attend the Tyler Connect 2019 Conference for training at a cost not to exceed $3,200.00 with funding from the 2019 Information Technology budget.
2. Consider approval of request for out-of-state travel for two employees to attend the Central Square 2019 Conference for training and networking at a cost not to exceed $4,800.00 with funding from General Expenses of the General Fund.
F. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C77-2019 for transfer of grant funded training equipment to Shawnee County Emergency Management from the Northeast Kansas Homeland Security Council in an amount of $7,911.68.
G. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C78-2019, amendment and extension of Contract C70-2018 with Green Touch Lawn and Tree for one year, for the mowing, fertilizing and weed control at the Courthouse, Health Dept. (two locations) and Elections Office (mowing only) with funding from Facilities Maintenance, Health Dept. and Elections 2019 budgets.
2. Consider approval to solicit proposals for the purchase, delivery and installation of one or more portable storm shelters to be used at the North Annex.
H. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Financial Report as of December 31, 2018.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions