II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C79-2019 with Winnifred D. Landes to instruct wellness/fitness programs and/or workshops with compensation of $17.00 per hour—Parks + Recreation.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C80-2019 with UMB Bank updating Katrina Parker’s title from Lieutenant to Captain; adding Rhonda Redmon, Joe Lonnberg, Jacob Stauffer and Alexander Bruschi; and removing Aletha Wilson, James Hockenbarger, and Chad Fleer for the Dept. of Corrections Controlled Disbursement Account--Audit-Finance.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C81-2019 with UMB Bank adding Chad Fleer and James Hockenbarger and removing Aletha Wilson, Joe Lonnberg and Alexander Bruschi for the Juvenile Detention Controlled Disbursement Account—Audit-Finance.
4. Consider additional dues to the Kansas District Judge’s Association of $25.00 above the previously approved $75.00 for a total per Judge of $100.00 or $1,500.00 for all 15 Judges—District Court.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – Kellen Seitz
1. Presentation regarding Kansas Expocentre’s Financial Report for FY2018.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to advertise and fill a vacant Recreation Leader-Sports position at a salary, including benefits of $46,072.00; to fill a vacant Adult Sports Manager at a salary, including benefits of $49,920.00; and to reclassify, advertise and fill a vacant Outcomes Program Assistant at a salary, including benefits of $46,072;00.
2. Consider approval of Lake Shawnee closings and restricted uses for 2019 necessary for preparations, operation and concluding of special events and trout stocking held on Lake Shawnee waters.
3. Consider approval of a project budget totaling $118,605.00 with funding from Excess Reserve Funds for the Lake Shawnee Girls Field #1 bleacher replacement.
4. Consider approval of a project budget totaling $65,781.00 with funding from Excess Reserve Funds for storm-water improvements and adding an ADA-compliant walkway and ramp/handrail at Adventure Cove.
5. Consider authorization and execution of the following contracts for treatment of noxious weeds with a recovery rate of 100 percent:
(a) Contract C82-2019 with Auburn Township
(b) Contract C83-2019 with Kaw River Drainage District
(c) Contract C84-2019 with Kansas Dept. of Transportation
(d) Contract C85-2019 with Menoken Township
(e) Contract C86-2019 with Mission Township
(f) Contract C87-2019 with Soldier Township
(g) Contract C88-2019 with Tecumseh Township
(h) Contract C89-2019 with Topeka Township
(i) Contract C90-2019 with Tri-County Drainage District
(j) Contract C91-2019 with the Wakarusa Watershed Joint District #35
D. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Curt Niehaus
1. Consider approval of Resolution Nos. 2019-9 through 2019-11 authorizing the transfer of unobligated 2018 Public Works funds into the Special Bridge account; Special Machinery account; and Special Highway Improvement account—Commissioner Archer.
E. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider approval of out-of-state travel for two Women, Infants and Children (WIC) staff members to attend a National WIC Education Conference at a total cost of $3,594.00 with funding from the 2019 WIC and Health Department budgets.
F. CORRECTIONS—Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to fill an Accountant II position at a higher step (Range 16 step 4) resulting in a salary, including benefits, of $66,115.71.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C92-2019, a Memorandum of Agreement with the 3rd Judicial District Court for use of designated facilities during a disaster requiring activation of the Continuity of Operations Plan.
1. Acknowledge that Commissioner Archer is reappointing Lynn Gentine to the Community Action Board.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions