1. Presentation on Extension Programs and Impacts – Cindy Evans.
2. Presentation by Ambulance Compliance Officer regarding National EMS week – Nelson Casteel
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of an updated UMB Sheriff’s Special Account signature card by adding Sheriff Brian Hill and removing Undersheriff Philip Blume as authorized signers—Audit Finance.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C185-2019 to update the UMB Bank Organization Resolution and Agreement with the removal of former Commissioner Michele Buhler and the addition of current Commissioner Bill Riphahn—Audit-Finance.
3. Consider approval to pay invoices in a total amount of $1,794.34 from the Diversion Fund account-- District Attorney.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C186-2019 to renew the Commander-One Annual Software Subscription for 2019 which was purchased as part of the upgrade to the Outdoor Warning system—Emergency Management.
5. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C187-2019 with AmeriFence Corporation amending Contract C47-2019 to extend agreement until May 31, 2019 to provide adequate time for construction and installation of trash/recycling enclosures—Parks + Recreation.
6. Acknowledge receipt of two staff reports on out-of-state travel to the National WIC Association Annual Conference in Baltimore, MD—Health Dept.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. HEALTH DEPARTMENT- Linda Ochs
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C188-2019, Memorandum of Understanding with the Topeka Community Foundation and Heartland Healthy Neighborhoods to fund half of the Community Health Planner position in the amount of up to $160,845.85 over three years with the remainder of the funding through tax allocation and included in the 2019 budget.
2. Consider approval of request to close the Health Department Clinical Services during normal operating hours on June 26, 2019 to conduct training on the new Electronic Health Record (EHR).
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C189-2019 with Angelica Morris and Contract C190-2019 with David Hysten Jr., for instruction of preschool programs and services including but not limited to the Summer Fun Preschool programs at Shawnee North Community Center and Children’s Party House in Gage Park with funding through the Parks Services Division operating budget.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C191-2019 with PlayPower LT Farmington, Inc. to allow the department to order playground replacement parts in the amount of $1,062.57 with funding through the department’s operating budget.
3. Consider approval of request to award bid for the Gage Park Relamp Project (which will provide products and installation of LED fixtures in existing structures at Gage Park) to J. Warren Company and authorization and execution of Contract C192-2019 for same, at a total cost of $32,187.50 with funding from the Excess Reserve Funds (3R).
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C193-2019 entering into a five year agreement with National Cooperative Leasing to replace 11 pieces of equipment in the Park Operations Division at an annual cost of approximately $135,559.53 (which includes lease service charges) with $50,581.00 to be paid out of the Golf Earned Income Fund and the remaining $84,978.53 from the department’s operating budget.
D. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Hill
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Hill regarding the purchase of 9mm Federal HST, 124 grain, duty ammunition from GT Distributors off of the state contract at a cost of $6,347.00 with funding from the Federal Forfeiture Fund and the purchase of a 9mm Luger, 124 grain Total Metal Jacket practice ammunition from Armscor Cartridge Inc. off of the state contract at a cost of $8,400.00 with funding from the department’s 2019 budget.
1. Acknowledge that Commissioner Riphahn is appointing Tyler Tenbrink to the Planning Commission for a three year term expiring December 31, 2021.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions