II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Ratification of the appointment of Ms. Laura Burton to the Parks + Recreation Advisory/Advocate Board as recommended by City Councilman Brendan Jensen, City Council District #6.
2. Consider approval of the following changes made to the UMB Sheriff Special Account Signature Card Agreement: Updated Gerald Simecka’s title; removed Brett Butell and Thomas Bronaugh as authorized check signers; and added Shane Hoobler, Scott Askew, and Akim Reynolds as authorized signers—Administrative Services.
3. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $3,123.84—District Attorney.
4. Acknowledge receipt of Summons Case No. 2019CV000543—Shelby Development LLC vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et. al.; Case No. 2019CV000551-- Wells Fargo Bank NA vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et. al.; and Case No. 2019CV000749—US Bank National Association vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et. al.—County Clerk.
5. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Hill to sign up for a new membership to the International Bloodstain Pattern Analysis Association at an annual membership fee of $40.00 with funding from the 2019 departmental budget budget—Sheriff’s Office.
6. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2019-56 designating the Shawnee County Health Department Director as the authorizing official for the 340B Program—Commissioner Archer.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2019-57, requesting that the Shawnee County, Kansas Public Building Commission issue its revenue bonds in an estimated amount of $10,000,000.00 to finance additions, improvements, furnishing and equipping parks and recreation improvements—Commissioner Archer.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – Tim Laurent
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C291-2019 with India Association of Topeka for usage of Gage Park facilities and parkland with expenses offset by a $500.00 special event fee and a $1,510.00 donation to the Parks For All Foundation.
2. Consider approval of request to revise project budget for Hughes Park to include concrete for a replacement sidewalk with ADA accessible walkway, concrete pads, and the resurfacing of pickleball courts at a cost of $257,350.00 utilizing Excess Reserve Funds.
3. Consider out-of-state travel for three employees to attend the National Recreation and Park Association’s annual conference being held in Baltimore, Maryland to provide employees with educational opportunities at a cost not to exceed $2,260.00 per employee from the department’s operating budget.
D. PUBLIC WORKS – Curt Niehaus
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2019-58 to authorize filing an application with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment for a loan (not to exceed $7,000,000.00) for the design and construction of replacement or rehabilitated pump stations, collections systems and treatment plant equipment for the Sherwood Regional Wastewater System—Commissioner Archer.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
Meeting of the Shawnee County
Public Building Commission
Immediately following the Board of County Commissioners Meeting
1. Consider approval of PBC-Resolution No. 2019-1 declaring the intent of the Shawnee County, Kansas Public Building Commission to issue its revenue bonds in an estimated aggregate principal amount of $10,000,000.00 for the purpose of acquiring, constructing, improving, furnishing and equipping improvements for Shawnee County Parks & Recreation purposes and giving notice of its intent to issue such bonds.