II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Hill to send two officers to Osage Beach, Missouri, to attend the FBINAA KS/MO Fall Retrainer with travel accommodations, per diem, and the conference paid from the 2019 departmental budget—Sheriff’s Office.
2. Consider acceptance of the July 2019 bank reconciliation report—Treasurer.
3. Consider acceptance of one permanent easement for the culvert replacement project on SW Morrill Road over un-named tributary to Colby Creek and authorization to pay owners the agreed settlement amount of $885.00—Public Works.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PARKS + RECREATION – Tim Laurent
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C295-2019 with the Sertoma Great Topeka Duck Race Committee for the use of Lake Shawnee facilities and parkland with expenses offset by a $500.00 special event fee and a $2,000.00 donation to the Parks For All Foundation.
2. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for the treatment of the invasive aquatic plant Eurasian Water Milfoil in Lake Shawnee at an estimated cost of $130,000.00 with funding from the 2019 operating budget.
3. Consider approval of request to waive the purchasing policy to order additional sign replacements at an anticipated cost of $17,360.00 and sign posts/kiosks at a cost of $52,729.00 (includes purchases already made during calendar year) from two sole source vendors, Signs to Go and Kansas Correctional Industries with funding from the 2019 operating budget.
C. PUBLIC WORKS – Curt Niehaus
1. Consider setting a public hearing on September 23, 2019 regarding the upcoming replacement / rehabilitation projects for the Sherwood Regional Wastewater System. (A public meeting on the same subject will be held at the Sherwood Lake Clubhouse on September 10th, 7:00 pm.)
D. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider approval of request to fill two vacant registered Dietitian positions at salaries, including benefits, of $59,865.00 and to fill any position that becomes vacant as a result of filling these positions.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C296-2019 with the Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment for grant funding in an amount of $36,847.00 to be received by the Northeast Corner Regionalization Initiative for the SFY20 period of July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020 (Health Dept. serves as the fiscal agent).
E. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to fill one vacant Custodian position at a salary, including benefits, of $37,936.12.
F. HUMAN RESOURCES – Angela Lewis
1. Consider Resolution No. 2019-59 establishing new pay scales for the command staff at the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office—Commissioner Archer
G. APPRAISER’S – Steve Bauman
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C297-2019 in conjunction with Douglas County, Jefferson County, City of Topeka, and the City of Lawrence for the purchase of digital color orthophotography provided by the Surdex Corporation at a cost of $19,385.50 (splitted cost with the City of Topeka) with funding from the Land Records Fund.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions