Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
Click HERE to view the Shawnee County Title VI Plan
Click HERE to view/print the Shawnee County Title VI Complaint Form
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d) provides that “[n]o person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
- Shawnee County receives federal assistance and operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
- Any person who believes they—or with a specific class of persons—were subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in the programs and activities of Shawnee County may file a Title VI complaint.
- For more information on Shawnee County’s Title VI program, and the procedures to file a complaint, visit www.snco.us or contact:
Shawnee County Title VI and A.D.A. Coordinator200 SE 7th Street, Room B-30Topeka, KS 66603-3971Phone (785) 251-4141email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with:
Federal Highway AdministrationU.S. Department of TransportationOffice of Civil Rights1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE8th Floor E81-105Washington, DC 20590