All applications must be accompanied by the appropriate filing fee which is made payable to the Shawnee County Treasurer. The non-refundable filing fee is based on the type and completed value of the proposed improvement or the type of land use activity as follows:
Building Permit Applications
To determine the permit fee, use the PERMIT FEE CALCULATOR.
The following fee schedule applies to all improvements:
|$0 - $1,000
|$1,001 - $10,000
||$15 for the first $1,000 plus $1 for each additional $1,000
|$10,001 - $25,000
||$24 for the first $10,000 plus $5 for each additional $1,000
|$25,001 - $50,000
||$99 for the first $25,000 plus $4 for each additional $1,000
|$50,001 - $100,000
||$199 for the first $50,000 plus $3 for each additional $1,000
|$100,001 and Up
||$349 for the first $100,000 plus $2 for each additional $1,000
- The determination of value or valuation shall be made by the Shawnee County Planning Director or authorized designee. The value to be used in computing the building permit is the total value of all construction work for which the permit is issued, as well as all finish work, painting, roofing, electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, elevators, fire-extinguishing systems and any other permanent equipment. The Planning Director or authorized designee shall, when deemed necessary, require reasonable substantiation of value stated in any application for a building permit.
- Any person, firm or corporation who performs or causes to be performed any work for which a permit is required prior to obtaining such permit, shall be subject to double the normal fee for such permit. The payment of the penalty shall not relieve any person, firm or corporation from full compliance with the requirements of the building permit procedure in the execution of the work.
Land Use Activity Applications
- Home Use Occupation Permit: $50
- Home Use Occupation Permit Annual Renewal: $10
- Temporary Fireworks Stand Permit: $500
- Haunted House Permit: $500
Floodplain Development Permit Fee
HR 2010-111—Fees for Review, Processing Floodplain Dev. Permit Apps, etc.