Innovative Efficient Progressive.
Awesome Q eliminates the long lines of standing for service by easily allowing the taxpayer to access the electronic wait system by your cell phone, computer, or the touch-screen kiosks located at either office to enter Into a virtual, mobile line. Taxpayers can opt to receive a text shortly before their turn arrives!
Kansas Property Tax Payment
Motor Vehicle Renewal
Services and Responsibilities
- Collects all property taxes for Shawnee County.
- Distributes property tax monies to state and other tax districts.
- Serves as bank for the county government
- Operates the County's motor Vehicle department for the State of Kansas.
- Allows for accountable flow of tax funds to departments providing public services.
- The treasurer's office attempts to collect more than 73,000 property tax statements every year.
- The Office also completes more than 200,000 motor vehicle transactions annually.
Courthouse location and mailing address
200 SE 7th - Room 101
Topeka, Kansas 66603
Motor Vehicle Annex Location
Shawnee County Motor Vehicle Annex - No mail delivery
5938 SW 17th Street Suite 500
Topeka, Kansas 66604
|Monday – Friday||8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|Last business day of the month||7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|There will be no processing of title work after 4:00 pm every day.|
|Commercial vehicles are not processed on Monday or Friday and the last business day of the month.|
NOTICE: There is a $3 Renewal fee and a $5 New Title fee charged for all
|Courthouse Property Taxes||785.251.5416|
|Courthouse Motor Vehicle||785.251.5415|
If you are interested in getting your driver’s license, please call the State Driver’s License office at 785.296.3963.