Innovative Efficient Progressive.
Services and Responsibilities
- Collects all property taxes for Shawnee County.
- Distributes property tax monies to state and other tax districts.
- Serves as bank for the county government
- Operates the County's motor Vehicle department for the State of Kansas.
- Allows for accountable flow of tax funds to departments providing public services.
- The treasurer's office attempts to collect more than 73,000 property tax statements every year.
- The Office also completes more than 200,000 motor vehicle transactions annually.
If you are interested in getting your driver’s license, please call the State Driver’s License office at 785.296.3963.